New Patient Registration

Online Registration

Please make a careful selection. Not sure which practice/location? View all practices. Once your selection is made click 'continue' to complete your registration on our secure Patient Access portal.


Practice/location missing from the list? Please see offline registration.

How it works

  1. Decide the practice with which you wish to register. You can see the full list on the GP locations page.
  2. If your chosen practice offers online registration, it will appear in the drop down list. If it doesn’t, download the registration form below and fill it in.
  3. We will contact you to book a registration healthcheck appointment at your chosen practice.
  4. On the day of your registration healthcheck appointment, you will need to bring your registration form (if you are registering on paper), an early morning urine sample and proof of your entitlement to NHS treatment. See the list at the bottom of the page for types of identification you will need to bring with you on the day. If you can’t speak English, please bring someone with you who can translate.
  5. When you have done all this, your registration is complete.

Offline Registration

  • Darlaston Family Practice

If your practice doesn’t offer online registration, download the GMS1 form and the Modality Registration Form.

pdf GMS1 Form (249 KB) pdf Modality Registration Form (658 KB)

Proof of entitlement to NHS treatment

British citizens

British citizens should bring one of the following:

  • a UK passport
  • photo driving licence

You also need two of the following as proof of your address:

  • bank statement dated within the last three months
  • contract of employment and a recent play slip
  • mortgage statement, within the past 12 months
  • tenancy agreement
  • two utility bills dated within the last three months (this classes as one form of proof)
  • Child Benefit/proof of payment to current address
  • Council Tax bill of the current year
  • Job Centre letters dated within the last three months

In addition, you should bring the Red Book (personal child health record) if registering a child.

Non-British citizens with the right to be in the UK

Non-British citizens with the right to be in the UK should bring one of the following:

  • your passport and evidence of your right to remain in the UK
  • a utility bill addressed to you that is more than six months old
  • a letter from the Home Office addressed to you, proving your address
  • proof of fulltime work or fulltime education

Asylum seekers

Asylum seekers should bring one of the following:

  • an HC2 form
  • your identity card provided by the Home Office